The Stinson Evo Tarmac features an improved outsole more suitable for use on road and concrete surfaces, yet still performs on trail and offroad surfaces. The concept of the Stinson B Evo was to combine the best features of sister shoes the Bondi B and Mafate, creating a shoe at home on road and concrete while still performing admirably on offroad and trail surfaces.
The Evo is suitable for use on road and concrete terrain thanks to increased outsole traction while providing responsive cushioning, stability, and efficiency unlike anything else in the market today.
Oversized, yet amazingly light and stable, the midsole technology provides a remarkably smooth, yet incredibly efficient ride guaranteed to impress. Similar to the way a full suspension mountain bike functions, stress on the body is greatly reduced, making it an ideal training or racing shoe for ultrarunners, marathoners, triathletes, or anyone looking to really enjoy their outdoor activities on foot, no matter the terrain.
For more information about how Hoka One One shoes work, what they can do for you, inspiration behind the brand, what customers are saying, and how to decide which model works best for you, visit our Hoka One One information page.
The Stinson B Evo has been enhanced with a few new features making it perfect for everyday training yet light enough for race day performance:
- A new light-weight outsole design has much better traction on all surfaces, even technical terrain, thanks to strategically placed high abrasion resistant lugs.
- The fit and comfort of the upper has been improved particularly with respect to the forefoot area.
- Efficient, lightweight speed laces are included.
- The midsole has been enhanced with a more contoured sidewall providing slightly more width while still remaining snug.
- The Evo has been engineered for superior protection, comfort and propulsion with rockered geometry that creates a platform for optimally efficient natural running mechanics.
Like all other Hoka OneOne models, the Stinson B Evo has a lower ramp angle from heel to toe of only 4mm and a precisely engineered rockered forefoot and rearfoot. The midsole encourages the wearer to move in a manner similar to the way a barefoot runner does on soft surfaces. This low ramp angle also allows for tremendous confidence running downhill, and the oversized midsole is designed to maximize muscle efficiency through the reduction of stress on all muscles and joints, regardless of surface or distance.
How it Works:
- Recent breakthroughs in materials technology allow for 2.5 to 3 times the usual amount of ultra lightweight resilient foam to be utilized in the patent pending midsole, which is scientifically designed with a midsole geometry engineered to provide far superior biomechanical efficiency, cushioning, responsiveness and performance.
- When running or walking, the feather-light EVA midsole compresses to providing excellent shock absorption- it springs back under the forefoot for increased acceleration and propulsion.
- Despite the shoes being drastically more cushioned than virtually anything else on the market, because it has approximately 50% more surface area in contact with the ground and a midsole that positions the foot deeply recessed into it, the shoe provides lateral stability and protection on a level similar to many traditional stability running shoes without any midsole posting.
- Weight- 10.4 ounces, size 9.
- Heel to Toe Drop- 4mm.
Included in the box:
- An additional set of thinner insoles and a set of traditional laces. The thinner insoles can be used to accomplish one of two things; take up volume by adding them on top of the existing insoles, or to add more volume by removing the existing insoles in the shoes and replacing them with the thinner set. The purpose of the extra insoles is to help accommodate people with high volume and narrow feet.
- Traditional laces- The Evo is laced out of the box with speed laces. While the speed laces work well, some people will certainly prefer traditional laces. The only way to remove the speed laces is to cut them. We strongly recommend cutting the laces at the bottom near the ball of the foot. This way if you need to put the speed laces back in, all you need to is lace them starting at the top eyelet going down. You'll then tie them together at the bottom where you cut them. If you cut near the toggle it will be very difficult to reuse them.
The Evo is offered in half sizes up to size 14. Size 10.5 is the largest size made. We have found the Evo to be running true to size, thus if you typically wear size 9 in traditional shoes, order a size 9.