Award Winning Technology
The record breaking Mafate by Hoka One One has a few key adjustments for 2012. The outsole features more high abrasion lug placed in key areas throughout the outsole giving the shoe much greater traction on off road surfaces. The fit has also been improved and now has more width particularly in the forefoot area. The Mafate 2 still offers performance, stability, and comfort in a lightweight package not found in any other shoe on the market today!
For more information about how Hoka One One shoes work, what they can do for you, inspiration behind the brand, what customers are saying, and how to decide which model works best for you,visit our Hoka One One information page.
In 11 Months, athletes wearing the Hoka OneOne Mafate Trail Running Shoe have garnered 17 top three finishes in some of the world's most famous trail races in Europe and the United States.
Reviews of the original Mafate:
- Endurance Magazine - Innovation of the Year 2010
- Slowtwitch.com - "The point of these shoes is this: If you want your legs to feel as fresh at 8, or 15, or 22 miles into your run as they feel during the first few miles, you need to reduce the cumulative damage these miles inflict on your legs." Read the full review here
- L'Equipe Magazine - Trail Shoe of the Year 2010
- Running Times Magazine: "Don't Let the oversized appearance fool you. We took them out for several runs on all types of trails and found them to be surprisingly sublime on all technical surfaces with steep climbs and ascents..."
- Runner's World Magazine: "Running down over super rocky terrain, I suddenly felt like I was riding a full suspension mountain bike. I felt, again, like I was floating over the trail, and that it didn't matter where I put my feet. The shoes felt like they were absorbing the ground beneath me, and the greater surface area of the outsole kept me from feeling tippy..."
From technical running industry veterans in France comes the Hoka OneOne Mafate Trail Running Shoe. This shoe is designed to maximize muscle efficiency through the reduction of stress on all muscles and joints, regardless of surface or distance. How it Works
- Using a lower ramp angle (4 mm) and a rocker shaped, feather-weight midsole, the Hoka Mafate reproduces the conditions a barefoot runner experiences when running on grass or sand.
- The oversized midsole will absorb any hard obstacle your foot may encounter, and once compressed, the feather-weight EVA midsole springs back under your forefoot for increased acceleration.
- With 50% more surface area in contact with the ground, and a midsole that allows the foot to recess into it by almost one inch, the shoe provides protection, stability, and pronation control unmatched in stability running shoes.
The Mafate 2 has a much better fitting upper and runs true to size. Half sizes are offered from size 8 to 13.5. The largest size available currently is size 13.5 US. All sizes listed are U.S Sizes.