The Hoka One One Rapa Nui Trail has finally arrived! The Rapa Nui is the Men's version of the popular Kailua for Women - previously only available in the European market. This exciting new shoe is ideal for those who want the benefits of running in Hoka, but seek a lighter, more nimble shoe with a very responsive fit and feel. You'll still get maximum cushioning and a rocker profile standard in all Hoka shoes, but with the Rapa Nui's injection molded (HIR) IMEVA midsole, the energy return and light weight design makes for a faster performing shoe. Great for faster paced running, the midsole allows you to really move while providing protection and cushioning. The Rapa Nui Trail is a great option for racing all kinds of distances, from the 5k all the way up to the Marathon or even Ultra distances.
For more information about how Hoka One One shoes work, what they can do for you, inspiration behind the brand, what customers are saying, and how to decide which model works best for you,visit our Hoka One One information page.
How it Works:
- Utilizing a 5 mm heel-to-toe drop and a rocker shaped, feather-weight midsole, the Rapa Nui's oversized midsole still absorbs any hard obstacle your foot may encounter, and once compressed, the midsole springs back under your forefoot for increased acceleration.
- The Rapa Nui Trail is injection molded, meaning much greater rebound, energy return, and resilience than traditional Hoka shoes which allows for a performance oriented shoe, ideal for faster paced running or racing.
- The outsole features 4mm thick lugs providing traction and grip, perfect for off-road surfaces.
- With 50% more surface area in contact with the ground, and a midsole that allows the foot to recess into it by almost one inch, the shoe provides protection, stability, and pronation control unmatched in stability running shoes.
- Weight- 11.1 ounces, size 9.
- Heel to Toe Drop- 5mm.
How It Fits:
- The Rapa Nui runs true to size, although they remain slightly more narrow than other Hoka models. For example, if you typically wear a size 9, you will need to order a size 9. The largest size available at this time remains size 14. If you plan on using orthotics, we strongly suggest ordering one half size larger than your typical size.